Baidu Spider

Baidu Spider

Postby SportyRedhead » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Seems to be a frequent guest here...
Looked it up online and it appears to be a Chinese Search engine bot.

(Which reminds me... a robot smiley would be kinda cool)

Any way to block the gook?
(Big fan of Clint Eastwood' s Gran Torino) :D
The Wise Witch
User avatar
SportyRedhead
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Northeast Appalachian
Real Name: Robyn

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby Mister Breeze » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:41 pm

I saw it before too......was hoping it was ana
User avatar
Mister Breeze
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:16 pm
Real Name: Don3

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby Fire4Effect » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Baidu is like their Google. I see it quite a bit indexing my pages for them (the Chinese.)

There is no way to stop it (or any other spider) from stumbling across your site unless you put the entire domain behind a password. There are a couple of technical tricks (robots.txt, sitemap xml, redirects) to "discourage" the robots. But even that is not 100% to close the door on them.

However, it also isn't an issue really as most areas are behind a login here. They can scan anything that an unlogged human can see though.
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.
User avatar
Fire4Effect
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: Orygun
Real Name: Don

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby TomB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Why don't we put copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and maybe the Federalist Papers in the open area? That will get us blocked from Chines domains quicker than you can say chop suey.
User avatar
TomB
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 pm
Real Name: Tom

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby crash » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm

TomB wrote:Why don't we put copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and maybe the Federalist Papers in the open area? That will get us blocked from Chines domains quicker than you can say chop suey.

Or you could just give a seminar and bore them to sleep :raiseroof:
FTW
User avatar
crash
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 am

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby wrencher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

crash wrote:
TomB wrote:Why don't we put copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and maybe the Federalist Papers in the open area? That will get us blocked from Chines domains quicker than you can say chop suey.

Or you could just give a seminar and bore them to sleep :raiseroof:

ouch lol
Mr Manitoba
wrencher
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am
Location: sunny manitoba
Real Name: Edward

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby Mister Breeze » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:47 am

Personally..... I'd love a boring seminar...
Still no sleep even with prescription pills..
User avatar
Mister Breeze
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:16 pm
Real Name: Don3

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby wrencher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:32 am

Mister Breeze wrote:Personally..... I'd love a boring seminar...
Still no sleep even with prescription pills..

well that sucks
Mr Manitoba
wrencher
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am
Location: sunny manitoba
Real Name: Edward

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby Casaba » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 am

That sucks Don, been dealing with it a while too but starting to get better after cutting caffeine after 5 and taking .5 melatonin
I'm Rick James bitch!

2003 Maytag Neptune
3382 loads washed
84550 gallons of water used
Billet-like plated knobs
upgraded rubber suspension pads
stainless braided hoses
User avatar
Casaba
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:31 am
Location: Right here
Real Name: Joe

Re: Baidu Spider

Postby wrencher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:48 am

Casaba wrote:That sucks Don, been dealing with it a while too but starting to get better after cutting caffeine after 5 and taking .5 melatonin

same here no coffee after 4 still have some sleepless nights but i have been averaging 4-5 hrs. now I am on call 24-7 for the winter so that may be wishful thinking to get that much.
Mr Manitoba
wrencher
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am
Location: sunny manitoba
Real Name: Edward

Next

Return to The Welcome Mat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest